Saturday, January 19, 2008

Watermelon Goodness!

Wow! Over 300 people signed up to this blog in 2 days! The spotlight is shining on me bright and loud. I Love it!

You are my Inspiration! Many of my food choices throughout the day are effected by you. Since I will be rambling off many “healthy tips” throughout the life of this blog, I better start off with the traditional disclaimer:

The following information is for education only and is not meant to diagnose, prescribe, or treat illness. It is valuable to seek the advice of an alternative health care professional before making any changes.

Yesterday January 18th I ate:

1:30 PM - Meal 1:
1/4 Avocado
3 Tablespoon of Tahini
2 teaspoons of cut up green onions
1 Small Handful of lentil sprouts
1 ounce of cut up cilantro
2 tablespoons of mung bean sprouts
4 medium diced up “Black Russian” and “red” Tomatoes
**all the above mushed with a fork in a bowl
Romaine lettuce leaves & cabbage to wrap the above in and EAT
4:30 PM Green Vegetable Juice at Indian Market
6:00 PM - Meal 2:
(soaked overnight with just enough water to top them)
Blended water and mulberries
Swirled in:
2 - 3 tablespoons of tahini
1 small handful of goji berries swirled in
1 oz of dried mulberries
1 Tablespoon of Cedar Nuts (Similar to Pine Nuts)

Knowing how much Angela and I love these dried mulberries, one of her blog readers from Australia dropped Angela an email on where we could get them. They happen to be in a random Indian store over an hour away. Lovely Miss Stokes surprised me by having us stop by there on our way to get a Vitamix Blender. You’ll be noticing this delicacy in my menu for the next few days. Oh yeah... and it was it AMAZING!

Today January 19th I ate:
11 AM Green Vegetable Juice
Celery, beets, zucchini, orange
1:30 PM - Meal 1:7 oz dried mulberries
(soaked overnight with just enough water to top them)
Blended water and mulberries
Swirled in:
2 - 3 tablespoons of tahini
1 small handful of goji berries swirled in
1 oz of dried mulberries
1 Tablespoon of Cedar Nuts (Similar to Pine Nuts)
4:30 PM STRAIGHT Green Vegetable Juice
5:30 PM - Meal 2: 1 Green Sapote (Mammey Fruit)

Generally, my first meal of the day is that typical avocado nut butter vegetable wrap meals. It is wild how my diet rarely fluctuates day to day. I didn’t each much today and that does happen. I rarely eat solid food more then twice a day unless it is some fruit. For example, a few days ago I walked 10 miles in the morning and ate watermelon as my third meal at about 9pm in the evening.

It isn’t a good idea to eat late at night. A great way to help in your weight loss is to not eat late at night and taking enzymes in the middle of the night; maybe if you have to get up and urinate. Here is an excerpt from my book Raw Spirit:

Our most crucial time to regenerate is during sleep. Going to bed on an empty stomach means less work for your body, which equals more time spent on regeneration.

Our eyes have an optic nerve that senses when the sun goes down. As soon as that happens our body goes into dialysis, the cleaning of the kidneys. If our stomachs are full, our body’s ability to cleanse and regenerate itself is limited. The Indians instinctively knew this. After sundown, they would not eat again until the next day.

Don’t get fanatical like I used to be. Years ago I used to watch the sun and get crazy about it all. The goal is to do less then the consistent amount you are currently doing in the evening now. For example, if you are eating a 10 oz bowl of quinoa at llpm, you can change it to a 5 oz bowl at the same time and that is an improvement. Or you can eat the 10oz bowl a half hour earlier and that is an improvement. The goal is to keep making improvements. Every permanent improvement you make for a great amount of time, your body will demand it and it will get easier for you. Another way to improve is to replace the evening meal with a less-dense portion. The less concentrated it is on the system, the easier and quicker it will digest, and the happier your body will be at night. For example, if you were to replace that 10oz bowl of quinoa for 10 oz bowl of berries, that would be an improvement.

A lot of people complain that they are starving at night when they improve their diet. It takes a good amount of time to get used to an improved diet. Here is my “Tip of the Day”. If I am ever really hungry at night and I can’t cope, I pig out on watermelon. It is practically water! Solid water that is. It digests quicker then any other solid food, you can eat a lot of it, and it may help you get through the night. You may be left with a managable “good feeling of hunger” before you go to bed which is GREAT. All this talk is making me want to break a watermelon open right now. Angela is the sweetest thing. She is uneffected that I eat the best part - the center of both halves of the melon - and then leave the rest. ;)

No comments: